Saturday, September 10, 2016

College and University Coordinator

Philip Stockton, College and University R&R Chair
Pure Imagination 
arr. Matthew D. Nielsen
SATB with divisi and piano
Santa Barbara Music Publishing, Inc. SBMP1214
This piece was introduced by Jo Michael Scheibe at the Summer Conference in Natchez in 2015. I was taken by the piece then, but in the current climate of world I feel that more imagination is not a bad thing. 

Si Mes Vers Avaient Des Ailes by Reynaldo Hahn 
arr. Tucker Biddlecombe
SSA with piano
Walton 00151937
A beautiful arrangement of Reynaldo Hahn’s song sung by many. A great piece for a small group or ensemble to give a change of pace to the concert. I hope you enjoy the piece.

Rilling. Helmuth & Kathy Saltzman Romey. Messiah Understanding and Performing Handel’s Masterpiece. Carus-Verlag, 2015.

 I have added this book to my reading list before preparing for Messiah this season. I have not personally read this yet, but will soon and have always enjoyed Helmuth’s thoughts on Baroque choral music. I hope you will enjoy it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment